Friday, December 19, 2008

Humility

I received more help from more people yesterday than I think I ever have in one day.

When my van broke down and I was stranded, I got out my church directory I keep in the car and I realized that I was holding the names of so many people who would be willing to help. It didn't make it "easy" for me to ask, because I'm just prideful that way. But it was truly a day of humility for me and my family.

Our good friends, or better known as our Christmas Angels, even diagnosed the problem, fixed it for us, and brought it home last night (and all I thought they were doing is towing it for us). My tears are flowing freely. How do express gratitude for service of that kind?

I only hope we can "pay it forward" when the opportunity comes our way. Blessings rain down from heaven when charity and broken hearts abound.

And speaking of raining...when it rains it pours, right?

Hubby's car broke this morning on the way to work. I know. I couldn't make this stuff up.

Well, he has a soft-top 4WD and the top broke, flipping wide open on the freeway and he and my oldest son got to drive 20 miles to school in 20 degree weather in a convertible. And even more fun; we are expecting several inches of snow before they get home! Oh, the joys. Could be worse, I suppose. This is the last school day before Christmas, so after a tough trip home, he will be home for quite a while with plenty of time to fix things.

Not given more than we can handle, right? I hope that time is soon.



2 comments:

  1. It is so wonderful to have "angels" in our lives...and I remember there were many there in the 10th ward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there so many times. When we lived by you guys you and your family were often times the "angel" in our lives. I can't even count how times you came to my rescue. So I will just name a few...moldy floor, no kitchen, father dieing, broken van, and so on and so on. You are lucky to have so many good people surrounding you. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!