Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I'm feeling it!

Sometimes it takes me till quite a bit into December to feel it. But I am really on board this year. I listened to Christmas music earlier than usual this time instead of making fun of the radio stations that begin on Nov 1. And with my busy teacher/scout leader/grad school hubby I've done more on my own this year, which also helped. I guess I felt "in charge".

Either way I am excited for Christmas.

I finished putting lights in the window and tweaking the living room decorations last night. So here's an abbreviated little tour. Forgive the lousy lighting.











I surprised myself by pulling out clearance holiday stuff I bought last January and then promptly forgot all about. The large poinsettias that I love...$20 marked down to $2. The fancy red and gold baskets ($ .20) filled with pinecones (free from my scavenger children). The cream and gold drum ($1 for two) next to the cream Santa. So cheap and beautiful.

I also forgot about the music box (tiny green thing on the near end table) from my mom during a girls night dinner last year. I think it's supposed to be an ornament but it's super heavy. It plays "O Christmas Tree" while the tree turns.

And old things are just as great as new things.

My mom got me the nativity set and creche years ago, before we were even married I think, but I rarely bring it out because of curious little fingers. With the youngest now 3 1/2 it is a great year to display it. We will have more curious fingers next year :) I love the conversations it prompts with my little ones asking about baby Jesus.

Oh, and we don't have our tree up yet because we buy fresh. We may think about that this weekend. And over half my shopping is done. Now the fun part...WRAPPING! Oh how I love wrapping.

7 comments:

  1. i love how in the xmas spirit you are. i hope this will inspire me to get more into the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shelf as always. I like the whole room. Can't wait to see it for real

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tour! Merry Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful decorations! Thank you for sharing your home with us, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nativity is lovely. Congratulations on the curious fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun! Great bargains.
    I love the "welcome" on your door.

    Thanks for inviting us in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!