Monday, June 30, 2008




Monday: Pork Chile Verde with rice
Tuesday: Hash Brown Quiche
Wednesday: chicken something casserole
Thursday: Pancakes and Bacon, OJ
Friday: Camping...campfire food
Saturday: Sandwiches
Sunday: Dinner at mom's


Summer in full swing here. I feel like I'm going to pass out in the heat that is already 96-98 every day. At least hubby took mercy on me yesterday and put our bedroom window air conditioner unit in. Aaahhhh. Nice little Sunday nap.

Kids and I went to the park for free lunch today - we were at the back of the line and they ran out! Not very prepared for the first day of elementary out of school, if you ask me. Try telling a 3 year old after 5 min at the park that there's no lunch and you are getting back in the hot car. Yeah, pleasant. We hurried to the other park in town and luckily they still had a few.

But we have open, free time which I LOVE. It is the reason I can't wait till the kids are all home.
I want to do lots of fun, cheap (free) things with them this summer that will build family memories and lead them into the next year of school feeling like we really did something with our time off. I want to hit lots of different parks, and wear out the slip 'n slide with many uses. Here's to summer.



1 comment:

  1. Make sure you post all of the "free" things you do so that we can do them too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!