Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sweet Land of Liberty

Yesterday the kids had their musical program at school. They did a great job! One of my oldest son's songs was called "Lift the Flag for Freedom". Oh, it almost made me cry. It was so neat and they all had paper flags they had made. Each was backed by either solid red, white, or blue as well. So at various points of the song they held up their color and seeing the whole fourth grade do it together was wonderful.

Please forgive the horrible copy (I did not have my camcorder; this is just my little digital camera) but it will give you an idea. Potter is in the white polo shirt, middle row.




MANY of the songs were patriotic in nature, and it got me thinking about how much I love this country. I took the chance to set out some flag decorations.





I have always considered myself patriotic. Pretty much the best part of the whole summer is fireworks, parades and red-white-blue. As a little girl I remember getting goose bumps when I heard the national anthem. I have always been passionate about the flag and seeing it displayed properly. My grandfathers/uncles were military and brother is about to be.

I am so glad I got to be born here.

I am so glad that even though our nation is at war, at the present time it is not on this soil.

And I am so glad that my kids can dream and be whatever they choose. Because that's what America is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!