Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Good eats

Tonight I knew I wanted a chicken dish.

I decided on this:
Garlic Chicken Farfalle

It was truly out of this world. My family totally loved it and so did I. I followed the recipe exactly (okay, I did cut the bacon in half. One pound seemed like a lot), which is unlike my normal "this 'n that" chef self.


And I'm posting our extraordinary dessert, too. I woke up this morning and knew I just had to have Blueberry Junk, my friend Sonja's famous 5-star dish.




I didn't have Dream Whip on hand and I wanted it so bad today, that I dragged all four kids to the store and paid full price for the stuff so I could make the yummy deliciousness.




Here ya go:

Blueberry Junk


2 C Graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c butter (melted)
2 envelopes Dream Whip
1 C cold milk
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1 can blueberry pie filling


Mix crumbs and butter. Pat into bottom of 9x13-inch pan. Don't bake.

Whip together Dream Whip and milk until stiff. Add sugar and vanilla; stir. Cut cream cheese in small pieces; add to Dream Whip mixture and beat well. Pour over crust. Spread evenly and then top with pie filling. Refrigerate. Keeps well.


MMMmmmmmm





3 comments:

  1. check out the jello recipe from my last free recipe friday. Love blueberry deserts. i need more yummy ones, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am going to try that Garlic Chicken Farfalle, that looks way good. So does your junk. I am going to make some today. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man you have NO idea how yummy that looks to me!! Colby and I just started a diet excercise program so none of the good stuff for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!