Wednesday, July 16, 2008

They are sabotaging me

So for family night on Monday we did a little cleaning. And organizing. And I made my kids help so they could earn their "treat". I know, I'm mean.

We took care of some boxes just sitting around in the basement and cleaned up the food storage area that had been out of control for a while. I shop, send the boys down with the grocery bags to storage, but then I forget to go organize it.

Anyway, it also needed done because we had been noticing occasional ant visitors over the last couple weeks.

During the cleaning session Strider noticed an opened package of something, probably inviting the ants. We got it cleaned up and all was good.

This morning I was helping the kids with the family room and we started to vacuum. Jedi asked if he could also vacuum the "crackers in storage". Knowing that hubby just did that, I asked him "WHAT crackers in storage"? I looked into the shelving area and saw a two foot long trail of Cheez-its.

"Mom, I was making a trap for the ants".

It worked. We had lots of visitors.

The kids are sabotaging me.


6 comments:

  1. Hooray for ant traps!!!! My kids are always "trapping" ants. Not one of my favorite kid things.
    I just have to remind myself of how much fun i had doing that when i was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey I'm Jordyn I found you on LDS mom women bloggers! Nice to meet you! You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!