Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hair Bow Hanger

I actually did something this week that I can share!

I have really enjoyed learning to make hair bows and clips, but they have just turned into a jumble in a plastic container with all the other ponytail holders and such. I realized that if I was going to spend the time and materials, they needed a place of more prominence (both to take care of them and to find them easier).

I took a baby hanger and attached ribbon on which to hang the hair pretties. Didn't cost me a thing!




It's easy. Cut a reasonable length of ribbon. Loop over about an inch at the top and hot glue on the back. I did mine a little loose so they can slide a bit. Try it!


When my three year old saw it she gasped LOL. She thought it was beautiful to see all those clips together, I guess.

While I'm at it, I will show you close-ups of the two new styles I tried. I love the double bow with the daisy. I would love to make more of those.

Here is my new wide tuxedo clip.



12 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I wish I had a reason to make them :)! Where did you come up with a cute idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bows, but none of my girls will keep them in their hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look way cute! And your bows look good. I don't know what you were talking about saying that you couldn't do them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can't you do. You are wonderful. I miss hair ties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen...

    You've been awarded the "Sharing the Love" award.

    Visit my blog to find out more!

    http://worldofwendell.blogspot.com/2008/07/share-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, thank you. I have been trying and trying to think of a way to organize all the bows! This is super easy and I can do it!! I love all of your bows too, they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! We have a bajillion bows (100+) and that is after I sell off bows that match outfits Princess has outgrown! Anyhow, I clip a lot of them onto a french memo board on the wall of her room. Maybe I'll post about that on a different day.

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea. I wish my daughter had more hair, those bows are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! Too bad I don't have any girls to try it out on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple and way cute. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I want to make bows and clips and never get around to it. I should just go BUY some and get over it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant! I have been looking for something that would keep them organized for more then 5 minutes! This will make it easy to find the pairs. My little girl loves the idea too. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!