Monday, February 9, 2009

I forgot



I forgot





-how long it takes to type with one hand









-the gratitude felt after a five-hour stretch of sleep










-the amount of tiny diapers used in the first weeks








-the conflict of nursing while looking all around at everything needing to be done








-the need to remind myself of my priorities and how fleeting the time is








-how hard it is to miss a few weeks of church








-the cascade of Dr appts that need scheduled








-the caution you feel when driving the car with a 12 day old inside








-the way you stare at a too-quiet baby's chest to make sure it's still moving up and down








-that a trip to the store for milk better be worth it, because it will take an hour to get ready and another 45 min in the store






-those luscious lips




-the wonder of this little spirit, where she came from, and the dependence she has on me






14 comments:

  1. So very sweet! Congratulations to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sweet baby.
    Oh yes... the things we forget.
    And remember.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful And so is your post. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    I can't wait until my little one arrives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww....sweet! Congratulations! And since my youngest is 10, I have forgotten all those little things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh we forget too soon. How precious. My baby is one already and I think I've forgotten. I may need another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful baby! Those pictures warmed my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found an old email from you and your link was there so I had to check out the new baby! She is so precious! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They do grow to fast. She is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yeah and how precious their chubby cheeks. She is getting bigger already that is crazy!!
    I love love love the hair soo much of it!! oh yeah and we miss you being at church too so come back soon ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pictures. She is so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! I can totally relate right now. I have a month old.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!