Friday, February 5, 2010

Embracing my life

I am such a sap.

I sit here realizing our off track time is 2/3 over and I don't want it to end.  I have really loved hanging out with the kids and I have tears in my eyes thinking about it being over. 

I have been enjoying all the little stuff so fully.  Embracing all the ordinary moments.

filling the library book basket



science fair projects



returning from Klondike derby in six layers of clothing



singing Happy Birthday to my baby  


I am so thankful that I have been given the precious gift of perspective while I have relatively young kids.   When grandma says to enjoy them because they grow up fast, listen to her.  She is right.


I look at a sleeping baby or a boy out on roller blades and sometimes I feel as if my heart will burst.  I strive to take pictures of the fleeting moment with my soul. 

Will I remember this tomorrow?  Will I be able to recall her young 4 year old chatter?  Will I long for these days when my boys still kiss me goodbye?  I love these little people so deeply. 
Embracing my life isn't hard each day - as long as I make up my mind to be present.  Present in their lives.  Present in my own.  I was living for someday instead of now and it was controlling my decisions, my clutter, my creative process.  I have been scaring my husband with the amount of stuff I have cleaned, purged and organized this week.  What a wonderful feeling!

I have miraculously found time in the last week to do the enriching things that bring me peace and satisfaction AND be a good mom.  Fancy that.  Maybe, just maybe, the Lord helps us when our priorities are in order.


2 comments:

  1. Great post.
    And great reminder. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a timely post for me. Thank you.

    I'm jealous that you have year round school. I miss having that time with my kids when they are gone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!