Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Prime time

Thank you, Vancouver.

I don't get to watch much tv.  Most (all?) of the shows I catch are between 9 and 11 pm. 

Life is too busy and with kids around, frankly I am embarrassed to have the tube on while they are home.  Yes, it's that bad.  Even the news is very scary to a four year old.  So during daylight our tv is on PBS or off.

We love to watch family shows, there just aren't many on.  We used to watch Deal or No Deal.  Then they moved that to during school hours.  Then we watched American Idol.  But too many mom-cringe moments on there and I just can't explain away the piercings and men in bikinis anymore. 

But the Olympics - that is a different story.  We love watching!  I am so thankful for non-smut on at night.  It can be on in the background behind the homework and science fair prep.  When there's a big race we can sit and watch together and root and cheer and learn about the athletes.  I can even watch it late into the night when the kids are in bed.

Love Love Love Olympic time.  Wholesome time.  Prime {family} time.



2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Everyone always talks about some great show they HAVE to watch on a certain night - most of which I've never even heard of. I'm amazed with the things TV's allowed to get away with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed these olympics so much! I've even been recording them so we can catch the whole thing if we are gone or something. And it's on right now while I was just doing homework. :-) Go USA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!