Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm tired



Not just sleepy, t-i-r-e-d.


I am tired of kids calling my name, yet I'm glad they are home and are healthy.

I am tired of finding interesting things to cook, but I'm grateful for food in the pantry.

I am TIRED of my husband going to school, but I'm thankful he is trying to get a better degree.

I am tired of kids asking me if they can have this or that before they eat/use it, but I'm thankful they don't just help themselves to everything in the house.

I am tired of answering the phone, even though it means someone is thinking of us.

I am tired of watching the price of gas go up, but thankful I don't have to do as much driving as some people.

I am tired of those that think being a Stay-At-Home mom is some sort of luxury but I'm happy to make the sacrifices necessary to raise my children on one income.

I am tired of summer already even though it has been mild temps so far.

I am tired of missing out on going places alone because of a baby, but I'm grateful to be able to nourish her and for the bond we share.

I am tired of reading the Old Testament, but I'm glad I committed to finishing it before the year is out (after reading the NT in 2007 and then Book of Mormon in March 2008, I started the OT in April 2008).

I'm tired that the kids have to eat seriously every hour while they are home, yet I'm glad they somehow survive the school year only eating once in the middle of the day.

I'm tired of the swim suits, towels and other summer laundry but I know it means someone was having fun.



6 comments:

  1. Can this be one of my posts? Because I feel the same way. You would think my kids are starving, I think they are just bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could ditto everything you just said. No one said being a mom was easy. But one hug or I love you and it is all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for expressing my feelings exactly. It's nice to know someone else feels like I do. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a support group? I need to sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait a minute....are you living MY life? It sounds like it ;) Minus the baby part. Although I have been there done that (a few times over).

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so I will just say...I LOVE YOU, too many times we all have feelings that are sometimes too hard to express in words but too many times when expressed in words we can fully comprehend and understand our own thoughts and feelings. It is nice to know that most Moms have similar feelings and yet all is still good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!