Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Finished!



Last night I met a big goal of mine. I have now read the entire Bible, finally.

In 2007 I read the New Testment. Then in April 2008 I started the Old Testament. 21 months later I am done. I told myself I would finish this year. I wondered at times if I would get through it. Chronicles, Isaiah, UGH.

I didn't understand 90% of what I read and there are lots of things in there that were eye-opening. In fact, I hope my children are adults before they read much of it. But I know that when those words were written they were to benefit us and the word of God can be found throughout the 1184 pages.

I am thankful for the insight I gain when the scriptures are a habit for me and I am blessed to have them within my reach at all times.

Something struck me when I finished. As you can see in the top picture the final words are "THE END of the PROPHETS". I am so grateful for my testimony that I live in a time when we know it is not the end of the prophets. I know that if God spoke then it makes perfect sense that he'd speak now. I love learning about this gospel that brings me so much happiness when I follow it.


P.S. I think I just set a record for using the word "I" as much as humanly possible in one post.

3 comments:

  1. wow I are great. I have set a a goal to finish the old testimont before my birthday. I wounder after reading this. Maybe I have bitten off more then I can chew. Wish me luck. I love having your example to look up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was also a goal of mine a couple of years back. glad I did it but not sure I will do it again. Last year I made a goal to read "Jesus the Christ" honestly it wasn't as bad as most people made it seem. If you can read the series "Fishers of Men" you can make it through this. It was very insightful and it definetly added to my testimony. This year it is going to be "The Miracle of Forgiveness". I have never read it and think it about time. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!!! What an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!