Thursday, December 3, 2009

Isn't life grand?

I had high hopes. I had dreams for being so clean and organized and having a home that screamed "Look how festive and merry we are!"

But of course motherhood gets in the way and my little ones had other plans.







This sums up my week. Too much take-out and a lot of Motrin.

Of course now the baby gets practically all her teeth at once and has the diaper rash of the decade. Of course now the 4 year old is having trouble, uh, staying dry at night when I really need her to. Of course two other kids are losing teeth (the tooth fairy has a terrible record around here).

Add parent teacher conferences with all 5 kids and no spouse, ear aches, scouts, hubby in frantic finals mode, the family pictures not ordered yet and the lights not up yet and the leaky washer and - - -

Yeah. The house plan ain't gettin' done.



Thanks for your encouragement for my grand plan earlier this week. The laundry room I posted? That's as far as I got. I think the dishes got done before bedtime one day so far this week. And I washed laundry, but you better be ready for a hunt because nothing is back in dressers yet.

But this is reality. And I can do it, one day at a time. It's been a tough week but I have enjoyed the time to connect to the kids and teach and serve my family till it hurts. It makes me love them more because I've invested all the energy I can muster. Hey, I did do an advent calendar for December. And we even fed the ducks yesterday in the bitter cold. Mom points?


We might even hunt for a tree tomorrow. That will bring in the spirit of the holidays even if every cobweb isn't gone and Legos are on the floor.

Right?



5 comments:

  1. Oh I so love your life, it is just a little too much like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Kristy says. I think we get brownie points for at least having good intentions but the real points come when we put first things first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your crazy week! I hope you get a tree soon, that WILL help it to feel festive! Let me know when you need help...errands, babysitter--I want to help you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!