Tuesday, December 1, 2009

'Tis the season



So, it's really December 1st. Really? I guess it's what the calendar is telling me.

Strider is in the really intense part of the semester, with major projects due. He is officially done on Dec 9. So should I whine about being a college widow? Or maybe could I spend my time more wisely?

I decided to take a room a day and work on deep cleaning and preparing for Christmas - not with just decorations - so we can feel the spirit of the season more easily. I need to create the environment I want. It won't just *happen*. My house is not in the shape I would like it to be. Some of that is the kids and the challenges of keeping sane while living in close quarters. But a lot of it is me too.

I will be methodically going through each area and sprucing up. I know by the time I get done that the first part will be crummy again, but hopefully the surface pick-up will be easier when the real cleaning has been finished.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I figure 8 rooms in 8 days will work out perfectly. We will see.

Today I did the laundry room. I get so much satisfaction out of doing the laundry when the room is clean!

4 comments:

  1. I was just complaining about this yesterday. We were going to go get a Christmas tree last night, but I looked around the house and decided to put it off until next week so I could get the house clean enough to bring more stuff into it. So for FHE we picked up.
    I'm a;ways torn between picking up after my kids, and having them clean up after themselves. I have them do it, but I have to have them go back and redo it 20 times so it's done right, it's more of a chore for me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so fun and exciting. I was thinking I need to do just a bit each day.
    Hopefully you'll show us what you do for motivation for me! Plus I need ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a plan. Good luck!! I miss you guys. Katie keeps asking to send notes to Princess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!