Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Resolution Revolution

I admit it; I love to make resolutions. Unfortunately I am also a perfectionist. So while the process of making "the list" is satisfying, the subsequent veering off the path is damaging to my soul and my self image.

Enter in the "One Word" concept.

It was developed here (I think) and used here and here and here.

Basically it takes a look at your goals from the end rather than the beginning and it sounds intriguing enough for me to give it a whirl.

It is also suggested to mull it over for a bit to see what your heart is really telling you to focus on. So I am posting this today in the hopes that in the next 2.5 days I can get a better idea of where to put my energy for 2010.


words currently in the running:

balance
aware
appreciate
engage
live

cherish
purpose
anchor
love
focus
connect
presence



If you embark on this journey as well please tell me, or leave a link to your post in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. Love this idea. Some of mine are appreciation and patience. But it seems when I work on ether one of these the Lord seems to find ways to test me...I hate growing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thank you! For posting this and sharing. I've always felt like New Years Resolutions were yet another way to size up my shortcomings. Depressing. I love this idea and I'm going to implement it :-) I'm thinking Growth, Gratitude, or maybe Focus. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting concept--I like that it helps focus on values rather than tasks! I'll have to go read your links and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great words there. Can't wait to hear what you choose.
    Mine is laugh.
    I need to enjoy the moment more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm using Learn as my word this year, but I'm a little slow posting about it. You can read my post here: http://princessmomma.wordpress.com/2010/01/05/one-little-word-2010/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!