Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sewing! part 1

I've kept it a little bit of a secret.

I got a new machine.


I know, huh?! Very cool. Sort of a "late Mother's Day gift + doing legal research for Dad" kinda thing.

When I saw this pattern for the Lazy Days skirt on Oliver and S, I knew I had to try it. Free and SO cute.

And fairly easy, even for someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Like me.


I finished matching skirts for the girls to wear just in time for the Nephi rodeo. It's a brown print that I fell in love with at Joann's. I know it's hard to see because I never took actual close ups. Here are random photos of the girls wearing them that day.




















And one unrelated shot at the rodeo, because who can't resist a baby eating her whole fist while she sits on her grandfather's lap?


More sites where people loved this pattern:
here and here and here.




1 comment:

  1. So those pink boots are sooooo cute! Good job on the skirts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!