Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Meanderings

What a gorgeous morning. Not as hot, a little overcast, just fresh, quiet and Ahhhhh.

I love Mondays.

A few thoughts.

1. We had our auxiliary women's retreat this weekend for our church and the different organizations we have. There were women there who work with young children, youth, and other women. We are each asked to serve in various areas but feel so much unity when we are together.



2. The guest speaker was Julie de Azevedo. She was wonderful and spoke on "Preventing Emotional Burnout". It was information every woman should hear! We learned how to have balance in our lives and not take on too many commitments. She taught us how to enrich ourselves so we have more to give to our family and to God. Very valuable and I will remember it for a long time.

3. Got home and realized how much I had missed my kids! I love them so much. School starts soon and I'm not ready. :(

4. Hubby served me so much this weekend. He just kept doing all these things...some I asked him to do and others just because. I am still awestruck when I look at him and can't believe the indcredible person I was blessed with.

5. Been trying my new Scentsy waxes and love them. Yummy house.


6. Baby brother Matt leaves for college this week. How is that possible? Go Cyclones! (He is mentioned in the 5th paragraph)

7. I really, really need to go grocery shopping. No milk, no bread and so on.

8. I really love the Olympics. SO much. Anybody else think the underwater cameras are the most ingenious thing?! And get real...no matter how many times I see that amazing Men's 4x100 M Relay finish, it won't be enough (fast forward to 5:00 min). Take that, France-y pants.



2 comments:

  1. That photo is amazing. Did you really take that? I am so jealous. I am so not good at skyscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heavens no! It's just a happy picture that I like. I didn't mean to pass it off as mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!