Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Some confusions addressed

I thought I should clear up a few muddied thoughts for my fellow acquaintances. I'm so not as cool as you think I am.


1. I've been asked about Mr. Oldest Child going off to a fancy pants school.

Not so much. Truth be told, after two lousy years at the school up the street he is behind in a couple subjects and I am really concerned. Daddy teaches at a charter school (self proclaimed "academically rigorous")so he will be tagging along with him this year. In fact, I don't even know if he can keep up with it all. But I do know that their teaching is more tailored to the students and he can only benefit from the rigid structure. If it doesn't work this year, we will see what's next. I only hope to turn things positive in the two years before Jr High.

It's free, there's just usually a waiting list that we can bypass for being employed there. Capiche?

2. Quiche for dinner tonight.

Once my friend Kristy's mouth dropped open when I said I was making it. Her hubby didn't believe regular people actually made/ate it. All I can say is LOL. I make it every time I don't know what else to make. I nearly always have the ingredients, so there you go. (But now when I make it I can only think of that conversation!)



I actually made this last night. Well, for one, because I was up late again watching the olympics and why not, right? And for two, because it heats up the house to make it at dinner time. And thirdly because it tastes better the next day.

To make it, throw a frozen pie crust in a pie dish. Put half a bag of frozen chopped broccoli in the bottom. Add about half a chopped onion. Sprinkle over some ham pieces. Add about 1-2 cups of shredded swiss to the mound. Mix together 6-8 eggs and a splash of milk. Pour over the whole pie plate. Bake it till golden - I start at 400 for about 10 min, then turn down to 350 for half an hour-ish.

Yum.

3. To the cute young family at the Copper Mines on Saturday

As my family finished up our visit and I ushered the kiddos toward the bathroom building so we could go, I passed a young mom who said to her hubby "Oh, I forgot the camera". I made sure kids were safely with Strider and turned back to them to offer a pic, delivered via email later. She was very grateful and ran to her car to write her addy down.

Today I get a reply from her gushing about all the blessings I will recieve for my kindness. She went on and on. I will admit it was one of those feel-good things to do, but I'm no hero. It took me 10 seconds to take the picture and about 30 seconds to upload and email. Just one of those things where I felt the response was out of porportion to the deed. I'm glad she liked it though.


We have done the same things for others before, like on our Great Salt Lake anniversary cruise when another anniversary couple forgot their camera. Don't people just do nice things? I guess it was no biggie for me.

I just wanted to put everything in the proper light here, folks. :)






3 comments:

  1. Quiche, yes I can barely spell it let alone make it. It still seems so hard, not sure why. Maybe it is because the name sounds hard to make. Any way I hope all things go well at the new school. We have been very blessed in the schooling area in our lives. Really good teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is quiche and the souffle (sp)egg anything. Some day we should swap recipes. I love quiche

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that I have ever even tasted quiche. I am a pancake person when I am in a dinner bind. And, you can't talk me out of thinking you are totally amazing. But good try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!