Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy Dance

I got me some toys today. Yippee shopping trip. For starters, the little ones and I did a five stop errand run in 90 min, which was awesome. And I didn't get irritated with them till the drive home. I think DS3 saved up all his "pester-my-little-sister" -ness till we finished the last store, which is actually a miracle.

But boy, did I have a great time. One of the things my mom gave me for Christmas was a visa gift card, good anywhere. I was able to buy a pair of jeans and pair of khakis with it last week, decorations to round out my kitchen at IKEA over the weekend, and today had enough left to buy the fancy schmancy thing I've had my eye on for a while.





Ooooh baby. A Crop-a-dile. Can't wait to bust out that puppy. Yay for 50% off coupons.

And then I headed to the thrift store to return something and look at some stuff DH needs for his classroom. I suppose I timed it just right, because I was right there in the aisle when they pulled out the cart of new goodies (where all the vultures stand, killing each other like it's Black Friday). I just glanced at the cart on my way somewhere else. Then I saw it, down on the bottom, not yet noticed by the birds of prey.



A pasta maker. My very own. Made in Italy. I've wanted one for a very long time, always searching classifieds and occasionally asking on Freecycle. Never any luck. My price limit for a used one was $10. This was......drumroll..... $1.50.

Like I said, Happy Dance.

3 comments:

  1. Jeez. I don't read for a few days and my sister writes a novel for me to catch up on. It was good though. My last day of Christmas break is strangely boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Wendy didn't you know you almost have to check everyday with your sis she is so good at updating her Blog!
    Jen- It is very interesting that you WANTED a pasta maker I don't think I will ever have a desire to MAKE my own pasta just like I don't like that thought of cooking with wheat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a deal on the pasta maker. So cool. ALthough, I have to agree with the previous poster, I don't really have the desire to make my own pasta, but I am happy for you...good deals are fabulous! Oh, and by the way, you will LOVE LOVE your Crop a dile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!