Friday, January 25, 2008

Resolutions, anyone?

How are we doing, folks? Is all the newness gone? Enthusiasm waning?

Mine are coming along pretty nicely. My daily routines have brought a needed structure to my stay-at-home haze. I actually look forward to those things I have to do in the home. I love that it gives me an "I'm done for the day" feeling, because that's one of my biggest struggles in "working" for my family. I'm never done. The laundry and dishes are never done.


But this way, I can do my daily chores and take time for myself without feeling guilty. Ok, as guilty. But I do like this so far.

Here's what I've accomplished or am currently working on:

2008 Goals

-drink water before meals
-eat breakfast
-get ready every day
-read the Book of Mormon every day
-pray morning and night on my knees
-read BOM one time before Stake Conference (I'm in Jacob 4)
-love my callings no matter what they are
-finish at least one book every month (read -Paradox of Choice)
-show examples of kindness and charity to my family
-stay positive
-establish daily and weekly schedules that work
-treat my home with pride
-invite the spirit by making the living room a haven and a peaceful place
-do the dishes before bed

I feel like my life is back on track and it's a great feeling. And it's about time. I'd like to add in a few more to focus on in Feb; probably scrapbooking. How are you doing with your goals?

1 comment:

  1. love the one- love my callings whatever they are.
    So funny. I so need that one.. and it makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!