Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley 1910-2008



Our beloved prophet and president of the Church has passed away. I never met him, never shook his hand. But I loved him.

My kids were watching a movie tonight when we got word. I had them shut it off and told them the news. The oldest two got choked up and we sat there quietly for a few moments. It brought back memories of when my mom came to me as a girl and told me that President Kimball had died. He was the only prophet I had ever known, just like my kids will always remember President Hinckey as "their" prophet.

I will miss him and I feel sad, but he is now reunited with his dear wife in heaven. I pray that his family may find comfort in knowing that all is well. I hope I can follow the example of his exemplary life.

3 comments:

  1. I cried and cried when I heard of his passing, knowing how much I will miss this giant of a man. But I am so pleased for HIM - to be reunited with his beloved wife and moving on to the next phase - something I know he was ready for. We will get along fine, I'm sure. But the world just feels less bright today without his spirit shining in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got teary when I heard the news, but like Belladonna, it wasn't sadness, just more testimony & awe. I am so glad he will be with his beloved again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost doesn't seem real. Maybe because I never got to shake his hand. I am going to miss his sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!