Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Easy homemade granola


Yummy Granola (easy and versatile)


1 cup honey
1 stick butter
6-7 cups old fashioned oats
3-4 cups cereal **
cinnamon
any boosters you like


Melt honey and butter in a large saucepan or dutch oven.

Add in remaining ingredients. Mix well!

Feel free to mix in other boosters: wheat germ (I use about 1/4 cup), coconut, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, etc. Note: Original recipe adds in other ingredients after baking, I add them in before.

Divide between 2 baking sheets and bake at 250 for 20-30 min. (I bake 15 min, turn and mix up a bit, then go 8-10 minutes more.)

Let cool completely. If there's any left after the kids get home, store in an airtight container.

Eat as a snack, mix into yogurt, eat as cereal with milk. Y-U-M!


**Recipe called for multi grain flakes. I think any healthy cereal works. I love raisin bran (in the photo above), and have also used Kashi Good Friends cereal, which is a blend of flakes and 'twigs' and is great.


Original recipe courtesy of Joyful Nine.

3 comments:

  1. I want to try some with the raisins in it! I bet it's totally good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Thanks for sharing this! I can't wait to make it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!