Monday, November 12, 2007

Dinner Rolls


Yesterday we had an early Thanksgiving dinner with hubby's side. I made the rolls to free up MIL's time a bit. They worked really well and I wanted to share the recipe...

Fairy Rolls

1 cup margarine
2 cups hot water
2 Tbls. yeast (or 2 packets)
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar (use a little less if you don't like sweet rolls)
1 tsp. salt
6 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Pour hot water over margarine in extra large bowl. Let cool before adding yeast; blend in eggs. Add sugar and salt, then flour and baking powder. Cover and let rise until double in bulk. Form into rolls and let rise again for about an hour. Bake 8 minutes at 400 degrees. Makes 3 1/2 - 4 dozen rolls.

Shaping dough:
Roll dough into a large circle and then cut triangles with a pizza cutter. Then roll the triangles into crescent roll shapes.




Notes: I used half butter half margarine. I also mixed up a huge double batch Saturday and stuck it in the fridge. Sunday after church I rolled, cut and set them out to rise for an hour. It took me about and hour and a half to get all 7 dozen rolls done. You will love these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!