Friday, November 2, 2007

string on my finger



Why am I so forgetful lately? It's really not like me. I went to the store for TWO things, and didn't take a list because I only needed TWO things. Came home with NEITHER.

And every meal I planned for our weekly menu required thawing meat or putting something in the crockpot to cook all day. Yet every day this week I've thought of supper no earlier than 4pm, leaving me no time to thaw OR slow cook.

AND...I made a big dinner last night. We have been doing the kitchen renovation and yesterday was the first day that the table had been cleared off in a week. I wanted to give the kids something yummy (not candy) to fill up on and DH was coming home late following basketball practice. Perfect time for a good meal, right? I had the roast beef, homemade macaroni and cheese, pierogis and veggies all ready when DH walked in the door. We sat down and prayed at 6:15.

Then DH looks at the calendar (I get points for writing it down, right?) and says, "Oh, I thought there was something going on tonight". I looked too, and saw that I had totally spaced my Primary Board meeting...a dinner. Beginning in less than 15 minutes. Spouses invited. Huge meal on the table. SIGH

Leftovers anyone?

3 comments:

  1. oh sad all that work....well I know I was SUPER greatful you came. Your kids got to eat at home though right? Atleast they got to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! No, I'm really not. And Rachael, I'm super duper glad I went. Plus, your soup was the best! I didn't tell you because I didn't know till reading your blog that the one I ate was made by you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!