Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crochenit

Well, it's been a long time, but on Friday I went to one of the Parent Workshops at the elementary school. They offer several classes each month and they teach different crafts, cooking, book reviews, etc. This time it was "Crochenit", a combination of crochet and knitting. I learned a little knitting from my grammy when I was little, and I'm horrible at crochet, so I thought the result might be interesting. It uses two colors of yarn (mine is blue and charcoal) and just one needle like crochet. But the stiches stay on the needle through most of it, like knitting. The teacher for our class says she prefers this method over either of them.

It was VERY frustrating to begin with, but after about an hour I was feeling a bit more confident. I wondered how I'd do at home with it.

It turns out I remembered pretty much everything I needed to. Phew. So here's my scarf, on days 1, 3 and 5...


FRIDAY



SUNDAY



TUESDAY



SO, I'm not a prefessional, ok? But it is now well over a foot long! If I keep it up I might be able to use it before the spring bulbs are up.

2 comments:

  1. Lol you're a dork. I'm sure you'll finish it before the "spring bulbs are up" since we're still far from winter weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job!! You know it isn't always easy to learn something new, but you took it and RAN that is neat! Maybe you could teach me stuff I made a few scarfs even one this year for Charity. My skills are totally more basic than yours I need to learn more advanced stuff that is neat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!