Thursday, November 29, 2007

Drumroll, please

Ok, folks. Two months. Two packs of sandpaper. Two colors of paint. $180. Lots of effort. I am absolutely in love with my new kitchen. My DH put in so many hours. And he didn't swear, even when he felt like it. Haha. The doors and drawers were covered with this nasty pebbley texture, almost like a popcorn ceiling. The sanding was endless but I'm so glad we took that texture off. The surface is now smooth and more wood-like.

Here is a slide show so you can get a feel for it. It starts with 3 "before" pics and then shows several finished ones. Boy, I love it, from the color of the backsplash to the detail on the cabinet knobs. My dear friend Sonja gave me the little candle lantern (see in pic # 7) on top of the cupboards. See, I told you that it would look great in there!



1 comment:

  1. WOW!! GREAT JOB! I must say that after all the work is done and you see the finnished product you LOVE what you did even more WAY TO GO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!