Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Caterpillars and swings

81 degrees. That was our temp yesterday afternoon. Today, not so much. More like 50. But for one day the shorts were out. For one day we went to the park and swung and swung and swung. I brought along some magazines to read while the kids played. But I never opened even one of them.

I'm not a very hands-on mom. I'm more of the go-ahead!-mommy-will-watch-you kind of mom. But yesterday my kids were having their first trip to the park of the year and I wanted to experience it with them. I couldn't tear myself away from watching Potter give up his swing to Princess AND push her, and Bugs be sneaky and start a game of tag. I was enthralled when Jedi pull out some saved candy from his pocket to share it with everyone else, and when Princess climbed way higher than I thought she could or wanted her to. I loved seeing them catch the squirmy green caterpillar and vow to keep it till it formed its chrysallis.

It was glorious and I soaked it in.

These moments are fleeting and I'm glad I paused long enough to notice.



7 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! We had a stop at the park yesterday too. Who could resist such a lovely day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys have a wonderful time at the park. I am more of a watch you kind of mom too. Still I do my best to be involved with my children and enjoy the moment as you did yesterday. I am glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday was a beautiful day! Unfortunately we didn't get to take advantage of it. I couldn't wait to get home and see if the rest of the week would be just as nice and was disappointed that it's not! Way to go Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really the hands on type either, but sometimes you just gotta jump in! It looks and sounds like you had an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to just sit inside all day on a day like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a great day, way to get involved and enjoy the kids. I usually like to watch too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hwat a diffrance a day can make. Don't you love the snow that fallows the 81? Looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!