Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Salad obsession



When at my nephew's house for a baby blessing this new salad was served. Oh my. We now have it weekly at our house, as Strider and I fell immediately in love with it.

So I thought I'd share it. Rest assured, when I saw that she made it with a funky dressing, I didn't really want to try it. But I'm so glad I did.

1 bag salad greens (spring mix and baby spinach are good)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 can kidney beans
little bit of Catalina dressing (light is just as yummy)
handful of chili cheese Fritos


I keep finding close-dated salad marked down at my grocery store and the catalina and fritos last through many batches of this, so I feel like it's a fast and cheap lunch. And with the kidney beans, it really is like a lunch! Yum!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds very good! I am going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good. I think I just might have to have a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy - Catalina is a favorite dressing at our house and an excuse to eat Fritos (perfect).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so good I think I'm going to go make it right now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so yummy. I'm adding catalina dressing and chili-cheese fritos to my grocery list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does sound good! I think I have had something similar before. I just might have to go get some Catalina dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds good! My Mom gave me a recipe for Catalina dressing that is good. I love making my own dressing because it's so cheap and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness that DOES sound good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!