Friday, April 25, 2008

I just can't!


My inner perfectionist is rearing its ugly head.


I cannot bring myself to start my daughter's baby album. (Yes, I know she is three and I do not need your criticism, thankyouverymuch).

I have beaucoup supplies. I bought the monogrammed album when she was two weeks old. I have opened it probably 15 times in the last two weeks, just staring at the smooth, cold, pristine page protectors. I have gathered the perfect embellishments. My mom has a Cricut and I'm poised and ready to use it. I have a huge scrap stack of coordinating floral and pastel totally girly paper.

I can't do it.

I have downloaded all the layouts that interest me. I checked out a Becky Higgins Sketches book from the library for ideas. I have perused the Creating Keepsakes website till my eyes were numb. I pulled out all my Simple Scrapbooks mags that I have been keeping for such a time as this.

So why is it so hard?

I'm afraid it won't be perfect. I waited nearly nine years to get my girl and I dream of beautiful handcrafted memory books. As long as I don't have the pressure of doing them.

I know, I know. She will love it no matter what. I KNOW! It's me I'm trying to impress. I am struggling so hard with this. I am well aware that it is insanity, but it's the darn truth and I'm admitting it.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog...those darn Jazz! So many grumpy households today. I'm certain your book will be gorgeous. Just make sure you have copies of the pictures or keep them digitally...then if you mess up...you can start over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so off topic - I love the polka dots. Good luck with the scrapbook. I think you are very brave. I have a box for each girl. Everything just goes in in a jumble. Can't think beyond that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel much better now about my 2 1/2 year olds album not quite done of her first year. (that's all I do). I'm also almost 2 years behind of putting photos in an album. Just sticking them in. Must get that done! I've realized my kids love to just look at pictures no matter what the page looks like. Wishing you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I am totally not up to date on the scrapbook for my own girls, I am gradually working on it when I have the motivation, but I KNOW you can do it just PRAY for help then GET TO WORK!! :) Don't think TWICE about the decisions you make with it because I am SURE it will turn out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paraphrasing from Beyond the Summit - At some point you must quit planning and actually begin the journey.

    Jump in, it will be great and get even better as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it makes you feel any better, I have a son who is about to turn eight and I have not finished his album, or started on the 3 that came after him....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am about 2 1/2 years behind with my scrapbook, too. I haven't started my son's life yet. I know that perfectionism will hit me, too. I put off doing our wedding was for the same reason. I just had to DO IT! And even though it is NOT perfect. I am glad I did it. I think once you get started, it will be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it makes you feel any better...my DD is turning 4 in a week and I haven't started hers. For that matter my middle DS is 7 and i haven't started his. ALTHOUGH I HAVE finished my 9yr olds. :-)

    Good luck! Get a buddy - my friend is suppose to come down for a weekend and we'll do nothing but work on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm about 2 years behind on my scrapbooking, too.

    Now matter if it's "perfect" or not, it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the anguish! I feel much better now that I know I will never scrapbook.

    BTW, I love that photo of your kids at the bottom of the page. They look so sweet and not like trouble makers at all, no sir-ee.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!