Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Don't bother me; I'm eating



What an interesting date hubby and I had this past weekend. My sis took the kids on Friday which was surprising and generous. I sometimes have a hard time believing people want care of my children on purpose. But whatever. Strider and I, plus 2 hours of uninterrupted time.

We have only been to Lowe's 427 times this month so we began our date by dropping another $80 there. We still needed paint and stain for the kitchen, so what better way to spend the time, right? Well, we were hungry, but I didn't want to spend much of anything. At all. Then I remembered my coupon.

Oh yeah.

On the back of a lone BYU football ticket I had a 'buy one Six Dollar Burger, get one free" coupon for Carl's Jr. That's like a four dollar and fifty cent coupon!!

I have been saving it for a lazy date night just like this.

Through a strange 15 minutes of twilight zone, and dialogue I can no longer recall accurately, they messed up my order twice and then when it was all said and done, we had THREE six dollar burgers and an enormous drink for nothing. Free.

So strange and so cool.

Yum.



3 comments:

  1. I love when that happens. Shawn has been wanting to try their "Chili" burger just because the commercial looks so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing better than getting free food. Yea! Especially burgers- yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. free babysitting and free food. You need to go to lowes more often LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!