Friday, February 8, 2008

Boys Basketball

"Either love your players or get out of coaching".-- Bobby Dodd










My handsome Strider is the assistant boys basketball coach at the school where he teaches. Thanks to my kind sister, I was lucky enough to have a date night with him last week and I went to see him coach before we went to dinner. It was so neat to see him interact with these kids that he loves so much. Teaching has been difficult but so rewarding and I just love seeing him instructing and guiding, as these pictures show.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is neat that he is helping coach...does he like doing that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post brings tears to my eyes. My DH retired from being the boys varsity coach at his alma mater HS to take his current job. I really admired the work he did with those boys. At least once a week he gets a call from one of "his kids."

    Thanks for posting this today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!