Thursday, February 28, 2008

Waste not, want not



My passion for muffin making is no secret to those who know me. There are almost always muffins for the boys to nosh on when they step in the door after school.




Today I needed to use up some stuff around the fridge. So what kind did I make? Blueberry? not really. Apple Cinnamon? sorta. Banana? keep guessing.




I used half the amount of bananas called for, plus a grated up lousy looking green apple, plus about 20 blueberries left in their container. With a dash of cinnamon just for the heck of it.




Who says you can't be resourceful AND a good cook! :)












6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jen

    I'm also mad about muffin-making - just visit my take charge blog, and do a search on muffins ;)

    you're right - a tiny kitchen means you have to be very organised - each bit of real estate must do its job nicely!

    Thanks for commenting on my organising blog.

    ~Marcia~ Organising Queen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmm...

    Those sound super yummy. Will you come to my house and make muffins for me? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds good!! My kids don't really like muffins - I wish they did. Unfortunately I think they like things with frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you're sounding just like my Mother. Way to go!

    We haven't made muffins for a while. I need to get my kids busy cooking tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!