Friday, February 22, 2008

She's here


Oh baby. The long-awaited expansion set is here.

My family has fallen in love (is that accurate to say about a board game?) with Catan. The only problem (aside from all the lost sleep as we play into the early morning hours sometimes) is that it only goes to 4 players.

Enter the expansion set. Now 6 of us can battle, build and scheme to our hearts content. At once.

If you haven't given this little gem a try, I suggest doing so. I thought I would HATE it when Strider began playing with his brothers. I played once, just to appease him, I told myself. I have been hooked ever since.

Consider yourself warned.

5 comments:

  1. Settlers IS very fun...we have the Settlers of Zarahemla version, but have played the original often. My favorite is the Knights and Cities expansion. If you like these types of games, you should try "Carcassonne". It, too, is tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that game I must say that I first learned to play when I was in college and YES I have both the regular 4 player and the expansion then of course my family loved it as well so not only do they have both of those but the Sea fares and the Cities and Knights yes ALL fun!!! We played like everytime we got together until "Ticket to ride" came out and even now we still play Catan quite often. I personally play almost one game a day online at http://games.asobrain.com/ YES needless to say I AM HOOKED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes and I also forgot to metion that as the olsen family mentioned with zarahemla their is also a travelers one that my sister owns.... also the carassone game is very fun it is also on the link that I sent in is called toulouse for that site!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, we have played till after 1 am three times this week! This has to stop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!