Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Resolutions, anyone?

He-lloooooo? Echo echo echo echo

How are we doing, folks? I have totally done well where I didn't much expect, and struggle with a few that I thought would be easy.

2008 Goals

Here's a few updates...

drink water before meals - I have been drinking a lot more, but not really before I eat

no eating after 9pm- UGH; not doing well here. I like to munch with Strider before bed. Need to cut that out.

walk to kindergarten once a week- well, mostly 20 degrees and snow every day. BUT, even better, I do the treadmill or workout tape every other day! YAY

read the Book of Mormon every day-fantastic! and I'm loving it

be a better VT by setting the meeting time early in month- we have a time set up on Sunday, so we'll see...

finish at least one book every month- starting book #3 today :)

establish a budget and track spending- totally struggling with this and I was so excited for this one, too. Any motivation?

establish daily and weekly schedules that work- I set it all up but have slowly declined. I am pledging to do better this week, as today is bathroom day and it needs it!


Remember my general rule to keep myself in line:
prayer before computer
scriptures before TV

3 comments:

  1. I haven't set myself any resolutions for quite some years now. I guess the constant disappointment that they didn't turn into anything but a list not done put a stop to it. I did start my SHS over again and trying to have everything in my life better organized. Trying is the key word. I used to have a daily/weekly schedule and then life interrupted so I need to do that again. Great job on your resolutions though. I'm sure if you stick to it you'll have more doing well by next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had a problem snacking at night. I have no idea how to stop! I know that if I can make myself go to bed even one night without a snack it gets easier but then I don't stick with it. Good luck with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I know what you mean about the schedule! I need one SO BAD, if you find a way to make one stick, TELL ME YOUR SECRET!!! Sounds like you are doing great though esp. since you have so many! You're doing great! Good luck being SMART this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!