Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Not Again and Divine Hands



My princess is sick again. Last time it was two full weeks long, and the coughing resulted in bilateral hernias that need repaired :( After missing those two weeks of nursery she was thrilled to go back this week.

Now she's throwing up every hour.

It really makes me wonder what the purpose of church nursery really is. UGH. I know to expect a new sickness every Monday.

In a big family with kids going every which way, it should not be the 2 year old (who is only ever around her homebody mother) who brings every sickness into the family. I sacrifice to be at home for many reasons and it's frustrating when she is exposed to germs similar to being in a daycare.

Please keep your children home when they are sick. There, off my soapbox now.

On a lighter note, I wanted to share an apparent blessing that happened yesterday. Strider kissed all goodbye and headed out the door as usual before work. After 3 or 4 minutes he came back inside. His car wouldn't start.

Sure, I thought. I only have to run to the bank and we are out of milk and Jedi needs to get to school and I already did the treadmill and don't WANT to walk up there. But sure, take the van.

No, really I just said "Take the van" and secretly wondered how we would get through rest of the week with the gas guzzler driving to the point of the mountain every day.

Well he got home after basketball practice and with minutes of daylight to spare (and still in his dress shirt - gotta train him there) ran outside to start checking on the Tracker. Miraculously, it started right up, and he even ran it around the block for good measure. Looked at the battery, spark plugs...all checked out.

Now, was he or I being spared an accident or mishap yesterday? Would leaving on time have caused him a problem in some way? Was I supposed to stay home and off the roads for a reason we will never know?

I am grateful for someone who is watching out for us even when we don't realize it.

9 comments:

  1. Ahh. . . I am sorry she has been so sick. Flu and cold season really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I bet it was a blessing. Hope your little one gets to feeling better soon! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little ones always got sick in the church nursery too. I finally just kept them in church with us. I learned patience and they learned some self control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the kind of things I would like to ask about when I die, "what was going to happen". We still wonder how our Allstate payment ended up at a Blockbuster in Boutiful? Good luck with the sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had better luck with the nursery or else my kids have great immune systems because they hardly ever get sick.

    I'm happy your car is back to working for whatever mysterious and divine reason!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry - my little boy has been sick too...from nursery... and my daughter got sick from someone at Primary that had the stomach flu. I wish people would stay home when they are sick. I have only been to church 4-5 times this winter - because my kids are sick. Of course I miss it - but I don't want to be the one spreading stuff around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, we say that school is like sending them into a petri dish...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the sickies... Nursery is a hard one - sometimes you don't even see any kid sick and then in the next couple of days, all of the kids are sick! At least I don't think it was my kids that gave it to her this time! :) And with the car - isn't it nice that He's in charge? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor baby, hope she feels better soon. Glad your car is working & for whatever reason you were both off of the road when you needed to be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!