Monday, February 11, 2008

Families are Forever

Family, family, family. That's what I have learned this weekend.

Thanks to a generous BIL, we were able to have the kids taken care of so that we could attend the Worldwide Adult Meeting on Saturday. It was really what I needed to hear. I am so grateful for inspired leaders for our church. I needed a reminder of how I need to make my family my first priority; conciously, not just because they take all my time with laundry and dishes. I need to take the decisions I am faced with , measure them against the Family Proclamation we have been blessed with, and choose accordingly.

Is it a good use of my time and effort? Does it bless my family life? Does it help me in my divine role as mother/wife? What effect will this have on the relationship with my husband and children? Will it allow us to have quality, enriching time together?

Additionally, the VT message this month is about the family and we had a great discussion with our VT group yesterday. And I flipped on the radio last night while doing the dishes and they were replaying the Music and the Spoken Word broadcast from the morning and it was on the family.

Coincidence? I think not. I think the forces of evil have a bullseye on everything good, namely all that we hold dear at home.

Now is the time for us to get serious about deliberately fortifying the home and teaching our children the tools necessary to equip them to battle these negative attacks. I feel very strongly that we can combat the world and be strong in the midst of danger. I am thankful that we don't have to figure it all out for ourselves. We have a pattern to follow and it gives me the confidence to reach my potential as a parent.

3 comments:

  1. YES the training was AMAZING I loved it!

    P.s. All invites you gave me are out and my bro is comming to be with the girls so I can come on Thursday. Also he is bringing my parents van so I can have a larger vehicle to help!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute picture.

    I've been trying to prioritize my life and only include the things that uplift my family. Its a profound difference. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great post. And that is a great family picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!