Saturday, May 17, 2008

5 minutes of fame

So, Thursday was the big day. The channel 4 crew came to film my windows being cleaned by Sargent Steam.


Joyce Mathie (owner) was great to work with and she did a great job with the steamer. I was so nervous to begin with, but I was more at ease once we started. The camera only needed two quick shots of me 'looking pleased' at the final product, and no audio, so I don't think I will be too embarrassed, but you never know.




Here is the cameraman getting a good 'before' shot.

Here she is doing the windowsill. Take note of the left side of the window, where you see the yellow/brown house.

Squegee power.

The windows after. Look at the yellow/brown house again. Wow!

This is the reflection on the outside of the house. They seriously have not looked like that since they were installed.

I told you we did some sprucing up to get ready for the filming. I got some planters and a few packs of annuals planted. Windows are so shiny!

I also got the xeriscaped sidewalk strip all cleaned out and ready for summer. I love this bed.

Pic from the other side of the entry. Our burning bush is huge this year!

And we are supposed to air on May 28th. Hope it all goes well! Maybe they will be kind in the editing room!

7 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! What a difference the cleaning made!! Wow! Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow very nice. I'd be mortified to have someone zoom in on my windows. Every time I clean them, some Advanage salesman comes by and touches the windows to prove that their cleaner will make finger prints go away forever. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower beds look so beautiful..... Please come to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yard looks sooo nice. I am very jealous. All I ever grow is weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is great, I don't think I would want someone cleaning my windows! They are so dirty!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Those are CLEAN. How exciting that you get to be on TV, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I had someone come clean the windows in my last house and it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!