Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Princess #2 on her way

Woo Hoo!!

Here is a picture of her (profile, lying down, looking left).


Here's the "proof". Apparently it was obvious. She was spread eagle.


So, what's our take on the whole thing?

We are thrilled, number one!!! Shocked, but thrilled. We were convinced we were going there only to verify it was a boy. We both felt that way. Kids all hoped for a girl and are deliriously happy.

And man, Princess has cute clothes and I'm so excited they will be worn again!

Now when it comes to the decision to find out, and open the proverbial Christmas present early, the jury is still out. I feel....funny. Weird.

Do I feel like I cheated? Yeah, I do.

And keep in mind that I really thought it was a boy, so I've been trying to let go of that "boy brain" for 48 hours now.

The baby was active last night and I told hubby, referring to "her" for the first time that way and it was so strange. It said "it" first and corrected myself. All our babies have only been "they", "it" or "baby". Always. So it will take some getting used to.

We have always had major trouble picking boy names, so that's a blessing I suppose. 4 months of agony we don't need to experience.

I'm trying to define my feelings right now. The only thing I can really say is that I feel...lacking, maybe? Every time my doctor, midwife or husband yells out "It's a BOY" or "It's a GIRL" to me, it is followed by a slippery, semi-blue, sometimes crying, always lovely bouncing baby being placed in my waiting hungry arms.

So I feel a little excited and a little empty. I feel like I had half a baby on Monday, and I get to wait out 19 weeks for the rest of it. Do I sound like a lunatic? Most likely. After all, much more than half of people in America find out what they are having. Maybe after doing it the surprise way so many times I just got in that mode and can't get out.

Last night Bugs said "Mom, I want the baby so bad! I wish we didn't find out, because now we have to wait forever." Maybe he said what I feel too prideful to say. I mulled over this decision for the longest time. I went back and forth like a tennis ball for 2 years or so. I knew I wanted to know, didn't I? At least I thought so....


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I LOVE having girls although I haven't had much else to compare to. To me when I found out the gender it was a chance for me to really bond with the baby calling the baby by a name. You could even try names out and call them a different name every few days and see which one you like the best??
    I am sorry you have to wait longer for your sweet precious one it will come sooner than you think.
    I am excited for our Catan match on friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I am so excited for you. My advice (and its only advice so you can do with it what you please). Instead of wondering what if, look at all the fun you can have planning. Princess #2 is so lucky to be coming to such a great family! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I guess the polls don't lie :) Your little princess is just adorable, so I look forward to another one! We want to "be surprised" with the next one, but I don't know if I'll make it... I understand the half a baby part, though. It feels a little like the excitement deflates a bit when you find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I found out with James. I was glad I did because I was sure he was a girl and I would have purchased all girl stuff. I thought it was fun to find out...I thought that either way it was a surprise. You just get it earlier rather than later. I don't have anything to compair it to though. So do you have names picked out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shock of discovering your girl will give way to pure excitement. We did the same thing. I had a 30 week U/S and with the wave of a wand over the femus, i noticed she was a she. I felt like i was 10 and open the corner of the wrapping paper. First i was shocked, i KNEW we were having a boy. But, it did solve a lot of name problems, too. We have a girl name, but not even close to agreeing on a boy name. We actually avoided the subject.
    So congrats!!!! I am very excited for you. It's weird, it seems like it was just last week toy posted you were expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you feel cheated about knowing and having to wait longer for your baby, just think, you can go buy a little girl outfit to bring her home from the hospital in! Congratulations, we're so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I always found out early, I couldn't handle not knowing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to be having another little girl. They are so much fun!!! (But I'm a little biased at the moment.) I was so sure I didn't want to know with my first one but as soon as I saw the ultrasound I needed to know. After knowing with two I am excited to wait on the next one and have that experience. I think its probably just as fun as knowing but in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with a lot of the moms. It is exciting to be able to pick a name and bond with your baby before she is born using that name.

    And trust me, when you're giving birth you will still be so excited to meet her that you won't even care that you found out. She'll have a name and an identity and you'll be able to put the face to it.

    Plus, I always used it as an excuse to go shopping. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I truely don't think I could have waited to see the baby, to know what it was. No surprise for me. Never.
    I Know that P1 must be loving this. Nothing better then a little sister to love and make do things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenny, you are one in a million without knowing what your baby is going to be or not. I am a surprise girl. Never having children, I think it a thrill to hear someone call me up and say he/she was born healthy and happy!! I wish you all the very best and good health for the next few weeks. Love Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!