Monday, March 31, 2008

I Am Legend

Anyone see this movie?

We watched it this weekend and I'm curious to know your thoughts on it.
I never say this, but I almost felt like it was too short. I felt like the first 50 mintues was gripping and then it got increasingly less interesting and tried to resolve itself too quickly, stopping short of being a great film. At the end it said it was from a book. Now that surely was a great book. I can see that clearly. It made me wonder what we are doing--medically, environmentally-- that may jeopardize our health later. How tested are our scientific 'breakthroughs'?

I liked it, don't get me wrong, but I feel like it didn't quite reach it's potential. Smith's performance was very strong, though. Let me know your feelings on it.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the ending but I also totally love the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did end a little quick. I liked it, it was interesting, but mostly I was so tense and scared the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best girl friend saw it and said it was soo scary and not to see it. Since I don't do good with intense shows I probably won't see it, and sadly Colby really wants to see it so it will have to be with out me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked it up until the end...it all seemed to get wrapped up too neatly.

    I'm with you, it was a good show, but it could've been so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It appears that they will cure all the "creatures", but I wanted SEE that happen before it ended. I didn't know it was a book...maybe I'll read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. I needed more. I wanted more for the ending. Other then that I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!