Thursday, March 13, 2008

Finders keepers



I was rushing the kids out the door for school when I noticed my son's jeans pockets bulging. I asked him what was in his pockets. He shot me a weird look (kid's code for 'I'm really in trouble').

He just stood there like he wanted to start with an explanation, before he actually removed the contents.

Hmmmm. Waiting, son.


He then takes out his wallet. Big deal, right? Except for the fact that he asked the other day of he could take money to school to buy books from the Book Fair, and I said no. We have too many books right now and he hates to read, so ????.

Deal with wallet in a minute.

Next pocket.

Fifty-six pieces of Trident gum. This is the same kid that broke the "only gum when you're not in my house" rule last week. So he lost ALL gum. No gum chewing. Ever.

Where did you get all this gum, son?

Uh, from a friend.

Why would your friend give you all this gum?

Well, he had a sign in his backyard that said "FREE GUM" so he gave it all to me.

At least we got that straightened out.

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!