Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Life is good



I have had a great 24 hours. I was presented with a 'mommy challenge' yesterday morning. One of those stop-and-really-make-sure-I-don't-mess-this-up challenges. I had an issue with one of my children to deal with and I had never been through it before. Unlike most of my trivial dilemmas in life when I hop on the trusty computer and look up my answer, I had to dig in my head for this one. My heart, too. I had to ask my Heavenly Father for guidance and direction for how to shepherd HIS child.

I am constantly amazed by and grateful for the special moments when you know it's a 'biggie'. When you are forced to carefully weigh your options and choose careful teaching words. There is nothing at this stage in my life that is more fulfilling, I don't think.

The afternoon was spent making cupcakes and a centerpiece for our fun dinner at church. The food was yummy and the friendships even better.

Although I was tired, we were able to squeeze in a game of Catan with the sisters after that. No matter that I had a card swap in a few short hours and hadn't even begun to design my card....

This morning was that card swap and I got some cute stuff from some very talented ladies. Take a look...



The three down the left side are my own. I love going to these so much. It's amazing to see what everyone comes up with for the different themes!

Then after the card swap I took the two little ones to the grocery store and library. They were perfect. Perfect. It was the most glorious outing ever!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment.

    Those cards are beautiful. How creative and I am sure it is so fun to see other's ideas and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the card swap!!!
    How come I was not there at this CATAN match?(j/k) We still have to get together and play since it is such a GREAT game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A card swap, what a great idea! I loved your cards they are my favorite ones! They look classy, yet crafty, and not too cutesy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A card swap, what a great idea! I love homemade cards, those all look great! I must admit your cards are my favorite. They are classy yet crafty and not too cutesy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!