Thursday, March 6, 2008

First time for everything


Well, my baby girl gets to have bilateral hernias repaired tomorrow.


The doctor says it's very common and straightforward. I've never gone through surgery with a child, so it is uncharted teritory for us.


I am fasting today. Fasting for an early appointment. Fasting for my princess to understand why I won't be able to feed her breakfast or lunch tomorrow. Fasting for the surgeons hands. Fasting for a quick recovery.


I am grateful we could notice the problem early and take care of it quickly. Here's wishing all the best to our little one!





5 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you. Where is the surgery being perforemed? Will she have to stay overnight? Too many questions, you should just call me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man I am sorry Jen! Is that why she has been sick a lot lately? Good luck and your princess will be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Jen...and to the kiddo too. I hope all goes well and that she feels better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All will be well. He is right. The surgery is fairly common. Syd had surgery on a hernia when she was three. hard day for her. But she came through great. Your girly will come through with flying colors. You will be the one I will worry for. You may have a harded time of it then her. You are all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts and prayers are with you this day. I hope this will make her all better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!