Friday, March 28, 2008

Good news, bad news



Great news! The first rail is in!! I love it so much and I just keep staring at it.
Picking out the stain was a whole other ordeal. I was SO disappointed in the selection at Lowe's. And you can't buy a sample unless you are getting outdoor decking stain. Lame! And all the examples show oak and pine...we have maple. So how am I supposed to know how it will look? The smallest can is a $4 size, so we had to get that. Fortunately we tried it on a chunk of maple last night and love it so far. We are going with a pretty light natural colored stain.




Bad news...

My sisters were going to come over last night. But first we had to go pick out our wood stain. Get back from Lowes, snap on the oven to preheat for a yummy cheesecake dessert to share with them. "Hmmmm, what's that strange whooshing noise?" Strider and I look at each other and then simultaneously jump to the oven door and open it. Sparks and flames! Woah.



So um, no oven. No cheesecake. You don't take a cheesecake away from a PMS woman.

Princess birthday tomorrow. No way to make the birthday cake.... Making cake instead of buying to save money because of all the kitchen stuff!!!

Still need $40 of trim to finish kitchen.

Still need van inspected before April.

Going broke quickly.

AAAAhhhhhhhh!

3 comments:

  1. I'll buy the princess' birthday cake! Can I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the popcorn in the Easter basket idea. Thanks!

    And the railing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you can always use my house for cooking purposes or anything else that I can help with SERIOUSLY!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!