Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Works for me Wednesday - freezer inventory



Since we were forced to make our living room into our kitchen for three days (see here) ...we had to seize the day.

To move the fridge so far we had to empty part of it. My hubby saw that as a chance to wipe down the freezer and I saw it as a great opportunity to take an inventory of what we had in there.

Boy am I glad I did! We had many things I forgot about way in the back. We had more of some meat than I thought, and less of others.

If it's been a while since you took stock of your freezer food take the time to do so. You may be surprised! Post the list in the kitchen, refer to it first when planning meals; cross off what you use and add what you buy.

For more tips, visit Rocks in My Dryer!


3 comments:

  1. When I fill the freezer I move up the old items. Works for this large family.

    You can find my tip at:

    Laane on the World

    Have a great week and an amazing spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder - I often buy something at the store when I already have it at home. :)
    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL-I can see everything in my freezer right when I open it! All 5 items!! Good idea though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!