Monday, March 3, 2008

Peace



We had such a nice weekend. I am so grateful for peaceful feelings. They contrast so sharply with the stress that I so often feel.

I generally hate Saturdays. I know, I'm the only person in the Western Hemisphere to say that. But I have to admit it, I really don't like them. I can't really describe it, but I have all these high hopes of Saturdays being family time, chore time, home projects time -- but it never works out that way and I always feel frustrated.

This Saturday was different. We started by going to a baptism, the first of my church Primary children to do so this year. It was very special and it was great to be there. Maybe that just set the tone for the day. Peace.

We got back from errands after the baptism and the kids were getting along. They (semi) willingly did some simple chores. They were just getting done with the back yard clean-up before the blizzard hit. Then we found the kitchen leak (see last post).

I thought that would be depressing, but I felt total peace about it. Yes, we now have to rip up our kitchen floor, but I can just say I'm grateful. We are expecting our tax return in the next couple days and I know we could never have afforded it if the timing was not right now. Peace.

The rest of the day was nice family time, with an impromptu game night with siblings. So much fun.

Sunday was an opportunity to fast about a couple things that have been on my mind and a particular issue that I have been confused about. I also prepared more than usual for my primary class and it paid off, with the kids being more attentive than ever. Peace.

The family headed to my mom's house for Sunday dinner (we always break our fast with them) and it was great, with everyone in a great mood (rare) and we played a new game that my mom bought. So fun again.

After having gall bladder surgery in 2000 I have issues when fasting. As soon as I eat again after the fast I get very sick and it lasts a couple hours. I still continue to fast, but it's always a very unpleasant end to a spiritual day.

But yesterday, bringing tears to my eyes, it did not happen. No yucky episodes. I felt wonderful the whole rest of the night. PEACE.

2 comments:

  1. :) Touching post, Jen. And also very, very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JEN I LOVED your post you know it almost reminded me of a poem out of a journal or something the way you ended each experience with PEACE very moving thanks!! :) The Lord was pouring out blessings like he always does! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!